Updated:11:00 AM May 03, 2012
The group works in nearly every FAA domain, supporting many diverse projects.
- En Route & Oceanic controls traffic at higher altitudes between airports.
- Terminal controls traffic at lower altitudes near airports and on the ground at airports. Terminal includes Air Traffic Control Towers (ATCTs).
- Flight Service provides weather and flight planning information to pilots, especially in the general aviation community.
- Traffic Management makes strategic decisions that may affect multiple facilities and airports to ensure an efficient system overall.
- Technical Operations operates and maintains the equipment that controllers use.
- Weather provides critical safety-related information to all air traffic control domains.
- Communications allow controllers to communicate with pilots and each other.
- Cockpit includes equipment, procedures, and tasks on the flight deck.
- Information Technology examines computer-based equipment outside the National Airspace System.